Sunday, May 17, 2009

Phillies Friday at 1600 Pennsylvania...


May 16, 2009
Faced with the opportunity to finally meet President Barack Obama on Friday, Jimmy Rollins wasn't sure what he'd say to the man for whom he helped campaign in early November. He has never been shy, and over the years, he has met plenty of celebrities.
"But not one this important," Rollins said.
And when the moment arrived and Rollins was face-to-face with Obama, the conversation took an unexpected turn.
"I asked him where the basketball court is, and he said, 'I've got a foot on you,'" said Rollins, the Phillies' 5-foot-9 shortstop. "He tried to post me up. I told him I'm too quick. So, hopefully, I'll get that invite. When the hardwood's done, I'll throw a couple layups on him."
And that was how it went Friday at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
A Grand Slam For the Phillies and President Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment